Are you looking for a natural looking and quality solution for tooth loss? Skye Dental’s professional dental implants in Brisbane may be the answer for you!
Nothing compares to the look, feel and texture of your own natural teeth. For those who’ve experienced tooth loss, implants are the next best option for you. At Skye Dental, you don’t have to compromise on affordability for quality. With our professional dental implants in Brisbane, you can enjoy a natural appearing solution for teeth replacement.
How do implants differentiate from Bridges and Dentures?
Dental implants are artificial titanium rods that are implanted into the jawbone to create new tooth roots. As the titanium rods are bio-compatible with one’s natural biology and designed to be permanently fixed, it allows for a much longer lasting and natural solution.
Dental implants can have a range of benefits:
- Appearance – Designed to look and feel like your natural teeth, they can give you a more flawless look.
- Speech – Unlike dentures which can slip and cause mumbling, they are more sturdy
- Virtually indistinguishable from your other teeth
Stages of dental implant treatment:
- Dental Implant Consult – the dentist will first assess whether you are a suitable candidate for dental implants
- Tooth Extraction – If the tooth or part of the tooth is still present, it is removed to be replaced by the implant
- Placement – The titanium implant will be placed immediately after the tooth has been extracted.
- Integration Period – This usually takes three months for the titanium implant to integrate with your natural bone.
- Implant Crown – The crown of the tooth can now be designed to match your smile and attached into the implant.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are designed to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth. They are a a more permanent tooth replacement treatment option, and for many patients a better prognosis than alternative treatments. A standard single-tooth dental implant is made up of two separate components. The implant itself is a titanium artificial root which becomes the replacement root of the tooth. Then there is the implant crown, which is the top of the tooth above the gum
How long do dental implants last for?
Provided the patient follows a good oral hygiene regime as recommended by their dentist, the dental implant may last 20+ years. Sometimes with proper care, and for some patients they can last a lifetime.
How long does the process take?
There are a number of factors which can impact the time it takes for this process to be completed. Sometimes a specialist may need to assist in the first stage of the process.
To find out more information about Skye Dental’s professional dental implants in Brisbane, please get in contact with our friendly team on 07 3823 1896 or use our simple online booking system to make an appointment.