Veneers are an artificial front surface to the tooth, to re-create the natural look of teeth, whilst improving the aesthetics and appearance, while providing strength and resilience for proper function. They are custom made to the contour of your teeth and are bonded to the enamel of the tooth.
To see whether you are a suitable candidate for veneers the Skye Dental team will assess your teeth and discuss the look you have always wanted. To improve your oral health prior to placement of your veneers, the Skye Dental team may suggest treatments to care for your gums, prior to your appointment.
Types of Dental Veneers
There are two types of Veneers, Porcelain or Composite. Celebrities with the “Hollywood smile”, and perfectly aligned teeth, may have had Porcelain Veneers. There are different factors to take into consideration when choosing which is best for you.
- More durable and potentially longer-lasting option
- More conservative option rather than a dental crown
- Ability to reflect light and look natural
- Our veneers are hand crafted by a local ceramist, and not sent overseas which potentially can compromise quality
- As the enamel is roughened to allow for the porcelain to fit, it is an irreversible procedure
- A tooth coloured resin material is molded over the natural tooth in a single visit
- A more conservative option which requires no tooth enamel removal
- Composite Veneers tend to be cheaper than porcelain, however are not as durable as Porcelain and may need to be replaced more often.